Leeds (H) - Friendly

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Leeds (H) - Friendly

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jan 2018, 20:26

So chaps and ladies (and anything anyone else likes to identify themselves as), we are a week away from Leeds at H in our only real meaningful first team test ahead of the new season.

What’s our side going to be? Would you play a team in each half? Would you put out full squad or our first choice 17, with rest in squad for Newcastle a week later?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds (H) - Friendly

Post by Casmoley » 13 Jan 2018, 20:42

Roberts
Eden
Shenton
Webster
Lo
Trueman
Gale
Massey
Macca
JSL
Wardle
Mcmeeken
Milner

Moors
Millington
Cook
Green
Foster
Clare
Hitchcox
Holmes
Clark
Aston

minikin, Ellis, Gadwin injured.

Douglas, Maher, Render, Gill, Storey, Egodo, O'Neil, Rayy, Turner, Aston to play against Newcastle.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jan 2018, 21:52

All eyes on roberts the teams stronger than last year apart from full back hope he looks good next sunday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 13 Jan 2018, 21:57

tigerfeat wrote:All eyes on roberts the teams stronger than last year apart from full back hope he looks good next sunday
Full back and half back worse off pal. With Roberts moving to 1.
Hardaker better than Roberts at 1
Roberts better than Ellis at 7.

Just hope we can get it going again like last year. Brought in a few more forwards as that's where we were getting beat late in the season so should help a lot.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jan 2018, 22:02

I was just going to add big chance for trueman to show we will lose nothing at half back as i see that as being are prefered half back pair at least not too far into the future
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Jan 2018, 22:57

I have a massive feeling trueman will take his chance and partner gale this season

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Jan 2018, 01:17

Scoopage wrote:I have a massive feeling trueman will take his chance and partner gale this season
I really hope he does. His pace will cause havoc everywhere and go well with Gales brain. I think Ellis is a decent player with a good kicking game but he's not top 4 quality. Rather give Trueman a go like Wigan have G Williams.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Jan 2018, 10:49

I've noticed this game has a 3.00pm KO time. Why not the usual 3.30pm ?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Jan 2018, 11:25

InTheKnow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:All eyes on roberts the teams stronger than last year apart from full back hope he looks good next sunday

Just hope we can get it going again like last year. Brought in a few more forwards as that's where we were getting beat late in the season so should help a lot.
Roberts played 6 Gale played 7

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Jan 2018, 11:58

TT Tiger wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

Roberts played 6 Gale played 7
My bad. For me 6 and 7 is no different anyway anymore so you get what I mean.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Jan 2018, 16:20

Will Benny stand the rigours of full back ?? i think its the hardest position to play standing there waiting for the ball knowing that your are going to smashed as soon as you receive the ball, over recent years Benny as spent a lot of time on the treatment table Elliss may not be as good a player as Benny but at least he seems more durable

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2018, 16:28

gateman wrote:Will Benny stand the rigours of full back ?? i think its the hardest position to play standing there waiting for the ball knowing that your are going to smashed as soon as you receive the ball, over recent years Benny as spent a lot of time on the treatment table Elliss may not be as good a player as Benny but at least he seems more durable
are you suggesting ellis play at full back ?
Vince Lombardi

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 14 Jan 2018, 17:17

As much as I love Benny there were a lot of times he left me feeling frustrate last year even more so the last few games he didn’t really seem to get going the best of bennys work for me was off the cuff not structured and if Gale wasn’t leading us we didn’t have a second option for me and that’s what either Ellis or Truman will offer us. If I had all the choice though I’d sooner still have Zak at the back that’s the only position we’re weaker in imo and without getting mead or some top rate aus full back this was always going to be the case.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Jan 2018, 19:15

tigerfeat wrote:
gateman wrote:Will Benny stand the rigours of full back ?? i think its the hardest position to play standing there waiting for the ball knowing that your are going to smashed as soon as you receive the ball, over recent years Benny as spent a lot of time on the treatment table Elliss may not be as good a player as Benny but at least he seems more durable
are you suggesting ellis play at full back ?
NO, i love Benny when he is on the field but the lad seems to be plagued with injury, i am sure over the season we will see a number of players at full back both Eden and Clare are far from comfortable in that position let us hope one of players stands up to the plate, it doesn't seem like our coach thinks that the current England under 19S full back is ready as yet