Luke gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Luke gale

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 May 2018, 16:33

This is one of several factors that have influenced the lowering of
my expectations for this season.

Getting to the GF semis & a decent run in the cup is my best case scenario. Anything more will be a surprise and a bonus.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 02 May 2018, 16:40

I know a lot of people are saying don’t throw kids in the deep end. But this is the sort of game that DP seems to do it in. Away to a decent side Truman at Wigan last year Maher away at Warrington the other year. And if I remember rightly he did the same with Ben Reynolds away at Wigan too. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a backs line up of ;
Turner
Minikin
Webster
Wardle
Shenton
Ellis
Truman

The experience around Truman and Turner I don’t think they would be overwhelmed by it all.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 May 2018, 16:59

TT Tiger wrote:I know a lot of people are saying don’t throw kids in the deep end. But this is the sort of game that DP seems to do it in. Away to a decent side Truman at Wigan last year Maher away at Warrington the other year. And if I remember rightly he did the same with Ben Reynolds away at Wigan too. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a backs line up of ;
Turner
Minikin
Webster
Wardle
Shenton
Ellis
Truman

The experience around Truman and Turner I don’t think they would be overwhelmed by it all.
That's how I'd go for 3 months. When Eden is fit bring him back in. Wardle back to pack.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 02 May 2018, 17:06

Whatever you do, don't look up Luke's injury on the internet as it is all bad news, most are talking about a year to recover properly!! .... he will have a leg brace on for 6-8 weeks and then when that comes off he has to regain proper movement in it which is apparently not that easy to do and not guaranteed, then apparently you have massive muscle wastage so he would have to rebuild his muscle and then get running on it and gain match fitness, i have a feeling that this might be season ending :shock: :shock: 8-[

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 May 2018, 17:21

Tigerwood posse wrote:Whatever you do, don't look up Luke's injury on the internet as it is all bad news, most are talking about a year to recover properly!! .... he will have a leg brace on for 6-8 weeks and then when that comes off he has to regain proper movement in it which is apparently not that easy to do and not guaranteed, then apparently you have massive muscle wastage so he would have to rebuild his muscle and then get running on it and gain match fitness, i have a feeling that this might be season ending :shock: :shock: 8-[

great the way the teams falling apart I will be happy when were mathematically safe from bottom four. we need Roberts to role is sleeps up now we know mac will

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 02 May 2018, 17:26

Tigerwood posse wrote:Whatever you do, don't look up Luke's injury on the internet as it is all bad news, most are talking about a year to recover properly!! .... he will have a leg brace on for 6-8 weeks and then when that comes off he has to regain proper movement in it which is apparently not that easy to do and not guaranteed, then apparently you have massive muscle wastage so he would have to rebuild his muscle and then get running on it and gain match fitness, i have a feeling that this might be season ending :shock: :shock: 8-[
your talking about a man that was back playing 2 weeks after an appendix operation :pray:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 May 2018, 17:29

Wow I’ve just gone for whiskey bottle after that.
Didn’t he play on for a while before succumbing to it.
Fingers crossed the op will sort it out.
The cas physio’s are saying 3 months so I’ll go with that.

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 02 May 2018, 20:09

If macca going in at half back why are we not giving oneil a go with milner

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 May 2018, 20:17

Weareone wrote:If macca going in at half back why are we not giving oneil a go with milner
DP for some reason seems reluctant to try the youngsters.
Yes trueman was given his chance and taken it.
Why not turner or o’Neil.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 02 May 2018, 21:07

Weareone wrote:If macca going in at half back why are we not giving oneil a go with milner
+1

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 02 May 2018, 21:12

old cas lass wrote:
DP for some reason seems reluctant to try the youngsters.
Yes trueman was given his chance and taken it.
Why not turner or o’Neil.
I think we'll def see Turner in the next month. Hopefully O'Neil soon too, Milner ain't got the same tank as McShane and since he's bulked up he'll need spelling at hooker. Thought he was fantastic at 9 last week.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 02 May 2018, 21:51

I might be the only one, but I’m wondering if this might do Luke some good in the long run. He played almost every game last year and returned quickly after an appendix removal. He then played every game for England in the World Cup and had barely any pre season.
We are winning games in the forwards at the moment. If we can get to July/August and still be in the mix for the top 4, he could return at the business end of the year fresh and ready to roll.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 May 2018, 22:15

nottinghamtiger wrote:I might be the only one, but I’m wondering if this might do Luke some good in the long run. He played almost every game last year and returned quickly after an appendix removal. He then played every game for England in the World Cup and had barely any pre season.
We are winning games in the forwards at the moment. If we can get to July/August and still be in the mix for the top 4, he could return at the business end of the year fresh and ready to roll.
think your right your the only one :shock: :shock: :shock:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 02 May 2018, 22:37

flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I might be the only one, but I’m wondering if this might do Luke some good in the long run. He played almost every game last year and returned quickly after an appendix removal. He then played every game for England in the World Cup and had barely any pre season.
think your right your the only one :shock: :shock: :shock:
I’m just always looking for the silver lining. If he comes back on top form and wins the Lance Todd Trophy and Harry Sunderland Trophy everyone will be saying it’s because he’s had three months to rest up and recover properly from 2017.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 02 May 2018, 23:06

Trueman fullback
Ellis and Mcshane Halfbacks
Milner hooker
We will win at FC down the middle just as we did against Wakie. Take the two when we can. DO NOT spread it out wide on the second or third tackle. Look to build pressure, get repeat sets, make FC start close to their own line.
Watts, Jessie, Junior (starting to look back to his early 2017 form) Millington, Springer and Cook (has been outstanding all season) are a match for any pack. Foster (if fit) or Green in the 17
cum on you Ford

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 May 2018, 23:10

My mate at Hull says no Kelly

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 May 2018, 23:54

also obviously no Abdul with the broken leg but no manu either
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 May 2018, 00:02

over 40 years ago I had a kneecap fracture that was probably worse than lukes as it was shattered like crazy paving. I had a great doctor who was always sympathetic to sports injuries as he was a fan. after 4 weeks he advised me to take painkillers and walk or run as much as I could. he said there would be soreness and swelling as part of the healing process but this was a good thing rather than bad. maybe the out look has changed over the years but I'm confident if there are no complications luke will be back in 8 weeks.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 May 2018, 01:29

I read somewhere tonight that it was soft tissue damage ligament/tendon on the patella rather than a patella fracture

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 May 2018, 11:05

Out 3 months
Audacter Et Sincere