Magic Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Magic Squad

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 17:02

gateman wrote:lighten up lads our forwards matched and I thought even had the edge V Saints, if Ali Barber had played for us we would have won, Leeds have no one in their squad anywhere near the quality of Ali Barber
Hey Gateman, I'm still picking us to win! :D

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 17 May 2018, 17:15

Am i missing summat?? other than Hardacre (who we aren't really missing for any reason other than hes gone for good so we cant really count him for this season anyway) and Eden, our back line is the same as last year, but now its championship??

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 17:20

Tigerwood posse wrote:Am i missing summat?? other than Hardacre (who we aren't really missing for any reason other than hes gone for good so we cant really count him for this season anyway) and Eden, our back line is the same as last year, but now its championship??
I was counting Hardaker and think Flow was too. Also our halves last year were Gale and Roberts with Saturday possibly being Ellis and Trueman and as you say Eden is missing who was your top try scorer in '17.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 May 2018, 17:34

MØL wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:Am i missing summat?? other than Hardacre (who we aren't really missing for any reason other than hes gone for good so we cant really count him for this season anyway) and Eden, our back line is the same as last year, but now its championship??
I was counting Hardaker and think Flow was too. Also our halves last year were Gale and Roberts with Saturday possibly being Ellis and Trueman and as you say Eden is missing who was your top try scorer in '17.
I think hardacker was that good. gale makes a massive difference . ellis is too slow in linking play. jy not good enough minikin no were near last years form.. Webster is now like robo cop he s that stiff with injury's put that on top off no recognised full back and you say we have nearly same back line up as last year not counting eden is this a wide up :shock:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 May 2018, 17:45

Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Hitchcox
Ellis
McShane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Foster
McMeeken
Massey

Cook
Moors
Holmes
Millo

Gill
Wardle

That being said, I think Gill should be given a shot. He's quite tall so I did wonder whether Powell thought he may deal with the aerial threats a bit better than Hitchcox and Minikin have. I also did wonder whether he'd be next off the FB rank to try his luck too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 17 May 2018, 17:48

flow wrote:
MØL wrote:
I think hardacker was that good. gale makes a massive difference . ellis is too slow in linking play. jy not good enough minikin no were near last years form.. Webster is now like robo cop he s that stiff with injury's put that on top off no recognised full back and you say we have nearly same back line up as last year not counting eden is this a wide up :shock:
No Wind up, but now you've added your own personal opinion on each of those players current form, which is just that......... opinion, i was referring to bodies!!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 17 May 2018, 17:56

Think dp will go with

Shenton
Minikin
Webster
Wardle
Hitchcox
Trueman
Ellis
Millington
McShane
Watts
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Foster

Milner
Massey
Moors
JSL

Our pack should dominate but its irrelevant if our backs cant string a move together to score
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 May 2018, 17:59

jackknife wrote:Think dp will go with

Shenton
Minikin
Webster
Wardle
Hitchcox
Trueman
Ellis
Millington
McShane
Watts
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Foster

Milner
Massey
Moors
JSL

Our pack should dominate but its irrelevant if our backs cant string a move together to score

Be nice to see some of our forwards go over the line instead of depending on the backs all the time.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 May 2018, 18:06

HuddsTigers wrote:Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Hitchcox
Ellis
McShane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Foster
McMeeken
Massey

Cook
Moors
Holmes
Millo

Gill
Wardle

That being said, I think Gill should be given a shot. He's quite tall so I did wonder whether Powell thought he may deal with the aerial threats a bit better than Hitchcox and Minikin have. I also did wonder whether he'd be next off the FB rank to try his luck too.
go with

jy
minikin
shenton
webster
gill
trueman
mcshane
watts
milner
moors
jsl
holmes
foster

cook
massey
millo
mcmeeken

ellis
wardle to miss out
start with moors and jsl think perform better when both on pitch same time mcmeeken don't deceive starting place drop wardle poor not shown any thing yet for what ever reason .ellis slows are method off play down . gamble with gill wing and jy at full back being playing there before not much choice for back line

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 18:16

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Trueman
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Hitchcox
Ellis
McShane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Foster
McMeeken
Massey

Cook
Moors
Holmes
Millo

Gill
Wardle

go with

jy
minikin
shenton
webster
gill
trueman
mcshane
watts
milner
moors
jsl
holmes
foster

cook
massey
millo
mcmeeken

ellis
wardle to miss out
start with moors and jsl think perform better when both on pitch same time mcmeeken don't deceive starting place drop wardle poor not shown any thing yet for what ever reason .ellis slows are method off play down . gamble with gill wing and jy at full back being playing there before not much choice for back line
Similar to mine man, But come Saturday i reckon the squad will look like Jackknife's. Would've liked to move Jy to the wing and play Turner at fullback.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2018, 21:16

just got back from the under 19s match V Wakefield CAS 19-6 winners in a forward dominated match , Calum Turner did not come out for the second half he is either either injured or kept back your guess is as good as mine,

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 21:24

gateman wrote:just got back from the under 19s match V Wakefield CAS 19-6 winners in a forward dominated match , Calum Turner did not come out for the second half he is either either injured or kept back your guess is as good as mine,
Turner picked up an injury and left the field on the 57th minute.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 21:32

O'Neill wasn't playing so perhaps he's travelling up Saturday with the main squad, unless he's got a knock.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 May 2018, 21:40

MØL wrote:
gateman wrote:just got back from the under 19s match V Wakefield CAS 19-6 winners in a forward dominated match , Calum Turner did not come out for the second half he is either either injured or kept back your guess is as good as mine,
Turner picked up an injury and left the field on the 57th minute.
you might be right mate but I honestly didn't see him the second half but my old eyes are not what they used to be

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 May 2018, 22:56

How did Jamie Ellis get 3 years. Please explain.

He’s my favourite scape goat.
Audacter Et Sincere

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 May 2018, 23:06

Mysterio wrote:How did Jamie Ellis get 3 years. Please explain.

He’s my favourite scape goat.
One of the great questions and mysteries of the world. Tom Holmes anyone???

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2018, 07:35

When we bought Jamie I thought the lad would go OK never the most elusive of half backs but a good kicker from ball in hand this year his kicks have not been as good as they used to be, come on Jamie have a stormier on Saturday so we can pick on some one else

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 May 2018, 08:20

Big stage for Ellis on Saturday, his kicking game needs to be absolutely on the ball on that massive pitch, otherwise Hall and Briscoe will run riot from kick returns.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 18 May 2018, 09:28

Yep we needed to sign a teritorial kicker and we signed Jamie. The problem I think is he needs experience with him and with gale and Roberts out I think he gets nervous and panics slightly. Nerds to loose a few more pounds and get his act together,after all he won us a couple of games this year

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 May 2018, 11:01

Is it time to try something different?

How about
1 Shenton
2 Gill
3 Wardle
4 Minikin
5 Hitchcox
6 Ellis
7 Truman
8 JSL
9 mcshane
10 Watts
11 Mcmeekan
12 Holmes
13 Milner

14 Millington
15 Moors
16 Foster
17 Cook/Massey

Minikin tore Leeds apart at Elland road. It’s another wide football pitch I would like to see plenty of pace in the back line. If Webster is 50/50 give him a rest. And what a strong pack we have now.