New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by alcasfan » 17 May 2018, 08:56

"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 May 2018, 17:57

Stuff like this is why i'm enthusiastic about it happening. There seems to be a collective will and huge support from major parties to get it all built.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 May 2018, 00:12

HuddsTigers wrote:
Stuff like this is why i'm enthusiastic about it happening. There seems to be a collective will and huge support from major parties to get it all built.
but strangely hudds not from some naysayer cas fans.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 May 2018, 10:08

The axiom development is seen as the future for these shipping centres. I look forward to seeing it tbh and the ground up the road. I think there's top much invested for it to fail even now.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 May 2018, 21:58

Breaking News - hot off the press:

The team behind Axiom and the new Stadium state that they have been working on the Reserved Matters application for the stadium and will be showing final designs on the 21st/22nd June in Castleford at a location to be determined.

They also add are working hard to be on site by the end of summer, definitely this year with a 3 year build timeframe with everything open, including retail, by Sep/Oct 2021

Team also say they are ‘frustrated’ but have to respect confidentiality when it comes to announcements but are planning to release news throughout the summer of exciting brands, some of which will be new to the UK.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 May 2018, 22:00

For anyone wanting to listen, Axiom were interviewed on the Leeds Live podcast available here: https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-le ... s-14690670

Also available on iTunes in full for anyone who wants to listen later.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 May 2018, 07:54

thanks for the update Hudds, very encouraging.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 May 2018, 11:41

yorky wrote:thanks for the update Hudds, very encouraging.
keep getting good information from hudds but wont believe it in till they start building the dam thing nothing happing on site at all was suppose to start doing something in April just put some flag poles up lets keep hoping for some movement in next few months and the company less talking about it

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 24 May 2018, 11:56

I’ll be happier once the ink is dry on those contracts signing up the retailers. The whole thing hangs on that happening and until it does doubts will continue to persist. Cautiously optimistic but the sooner enough are confirmed to make it viable the better.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 May 2018, 12:21

Wonder if M&S are still involved?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 May 2018, 10:04

Flat Capper wrote:Wonder if M&S are still involved?
I think this is exactly what m and s want. A flagship store to show their wares and facility to order online in store with free delivery. A bit like Argos but you can see and try the product on. Free delivery if not in stock.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 25 May 2018, 10:54

mart0042 wrote:
I think this is exactly what m and s want. A flagship store to show their wares and facility to order online in store with free delivery. A bit like Argos but you can see and try the product on. Free delivery if not in stock.
Listening to the M&S executive's interview on TV, they are closing some traditional stores but opening others to fit recent shopping habits i.e. On-line, and out of town big stores with free parking. I don't know how successful the retail units in Junction 32 actually are, but the place is always busy.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 May 2018, 10:58

M&S live off their food sales - they may put a food hall in place which will be a good revenue creator

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 May 2018, 11:24

I thunk we are moving towards a shopping centre where you can try on any size and colour of an item and order. It makes sense as most people find what they are after and get it cheaper online. But there is a place for a company so that you can see and feel their stuff.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 May 2018, 16:13

cogito ergo sum wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Listening to the M&S executive's interview on TV, they are closing some traditional stores but opening others to fit recent shopping habits i.e. On-line, and out of town big stores with free parking. I don't know how successful the retail units in Junction 32 actually are, but the place is always busy.
they closed the one in Bridlington last month. the article in the local paper about it said M+S saw large out of town stores as the future.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 May 2018, 08:30

21st June - designs will be on show in the Tigers Bar at Wheldon add

22nd June - they will be on show at the Glasshoughton Centre on Leeds Road

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 May 2018, 13:42

over the years we have seen loads of pictures of the design and lay out of our new stadiums,when some one posts a cube of concrete being laid now that will be a picture worth looking at

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 May 2018, 20:41

one of my mates told me there was some machines on the site today May 28th as any one else seen them ??

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 30 May 2018, 15:38

Designs are ok but without the finances what good are they
Will Phillip Duncan Lunn a director of all associated companies linked to this project announce enough guaranteed signed up tenants for this overdue much needed ground to be built at these display events
There has been too many false promises Castleford needs action now COYF

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 May 2018, 17:47

Probably not given he's explained in the video posted above that there's some commercially sensitive stuff and that's why they aren't able to announce a lot of things. They've said they're going to announce more in the summer, which suggests they have more tenants already signed up.

I'd also point out that the plan was that they were going to do it through a forward funding agreement with a pension fund (whether that's changed with the Axiom and the new investment provider they're partnered with I don't know). But in essence, someone was going to provide the capital to take place with a final payment upon completion.

Presumably (as discussed historically) this was conditional on a certain number of tenants being signed up of which we've already 3 anchor tenants announced (Primark, Next, M&S).

More info on forward funding can be found here: https://www.first4lawyers.com/business- ... d-funding/