First Visit

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MerchantNavy70

First Visit

Post by MerchantNavy70 » 12 Jul 2018, 19:55

Hi ,from an Oldie travelling up from down south with the wife for our first match ,against Huddersfield,before I order my tickets could I please ask.
Does a standing ticket allow entrance to all areas and if so which area would have the best view.
Do you get a decent view from the seating area.
Is the ground close to the train station or would a taxi from Junction 42 (where we are staying) be better. Many Thanks.

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Re: First Visit

Post by BCT » 12 Jul 2018, 20:18

Standing ticket would allow you to stand anywhere except the seats which is 3 quid extra. Best view in my opinion would be from the princess street stand. Atmosphere would be wheldon road end.
Train station from Cas town is around a 15/20 min walk. Junction 32 where you will be thinking of is futher out so a taxi from there to the ground would be about 3 quid / 3.50
Cas Until I Die

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Jul 2018, 20:27

Welcome to the forum and for your first visit to Wheldon Road.
Your ticket will allow access to all standing areas,most areas have reasonable views of the pitch except of course behind the stanchions .
The same applies to the seating areas not the most comfortable and if you end up behind a stanchions if this happens your stuck with it.
As l am not from Cas l cannot really comment on the merits of travelling from Junction 42 although l would imagine taxi would be my preferred option.
On arrival Identify yourselves to any Cas fan they will make you feel welcome.
The Griffin and the Bootroom will have plenty of fans in ,who answer any questions,give you advice.
Welcome on board.

MerchantNavy70

Post by MerchantNavy70 » 12 Jul 2018, 21:33

Many Thanks for advice, just two last Questions,as I have my wife with me.
Is any standing area under cover.
If I brought seating tickets and had a poor view do you think we would be able to transfer to the standing area. Many Thanks.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2018, 21:47

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Many Thanks for advice, just two last Questions,as I have my wife with me.
Is any standing area under cover.
If I brought seating tickets and had a poor view do you think we would be able to transfer to the standing area. Many Thanks.
2 sides are standing and under cover, WRE and princess street stand both good views.
Yes you can leave the seated area if you think the view is poor and go in the standing area.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Jul 2018, 22:39

hope you enjoy it mate, the atmosphere is like no other ground and is very family friendly.
try and stay for the lap of honour and the rendition of "sweet caroline"
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2018, 22:46

lurcher wrote:hope you enjoy it mate, the atmosphere is like no other ground and is very family friendly.
try and stay for the lap of honour and the rendition of "sweet caroline"
Finger cross we get to hear sweet Caroline, Huddersfield are playing very well just now, this will be one tough game.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Jul 2018, 22:55

fair play they are playing well but we should be beating teams like that. has all the ingredients to be a cracking game though.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 13 Jul 2018, 07:34

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Hi ,from an Oldie travelling up from down south with the wife for our first match ,against Huddersfield,before I order my tickets could I please ask.
Does a standing ticket allow entrance to all areas and if so which area would have the best view.
Is the ground close to the train station or would a taxi from Junction 42 (where we are staying) be better. Many Thanks.
Everyone else has answered all your questions, all i will say is i hope you are ready :D
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Jul 2018, 08:17

All clarified apart from one point : J42 M1, or J32 M62?

(M1-J42 is the M62 interchange)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 09:09

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Hi ,from an Oldie travelling up from down south with the wife for our first match ,against Huddersfield,before I order my tickets could I please ask.
A couple of questions, why has it taken so long to get to Cas to a game?
Secondly, what made you choose this shower? :)
Enjoy your first experience. ;)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Jul 2018, 09:15

JIN JER wrote:
Don’t think he as to justify anything to you jinj.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Jul 2018, 09:19

JIN JER wrote:
JIN JER not worth a response

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Jul 2018, 09:30

Suppose he didn't fancy watching a disorganised rabble with no direction desperately trying to pinch 8th spot.

Or their opponents Wakefield.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jul 2018, 09:58

how big a game is that leeds wakey game tonight...i would not wont to be in them middle 8s this time around
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

MerchantNavy70

Post by MerchantNavy70 » 13 Jul 2018, 10:21

Thanks Everyone, Tickets and Hotel booked ,can't wait.
In answer to a previous question, Growing up I always watched Rugby League on the BBC and Cas were my chosen team,Why I don't know, went to 1970 challenge cup final ,When I left school joined Merchant Navy and also livng in Devon and Essex it would have been a bit of a jaunt, poor excuse I know and followed Cas on BBC and Sky, was going to 2014 final but was in hospital.
Now retired and finally talked wife into us making the trip with a promise of a visit to the Outlet we are coming , and fingers crossed more trips to follow.
Good Luck Tonight.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jul 2018, 10:49

JIN JER wrote:

Maybe you will be enjoying the middle 8's if you loose tonight. Big game now :dance: :dance:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:23

Wow, that got a bite. :) :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:23

fords wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Maybe you will be enjoying the middle 8's if you loose tonight. Big game now :dance: :dance:
Be even worse if we lose. :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:24

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Thanks Everyone, Tickets and Hotel booked ,can't wait.
In answer to a previous question, Growing up I always watched Rugby League on the BBC and Cas were my chosen team,Why I don't know, went to 1970 challenge cup final ,When I left school joined Merchant Navy and also livng in Devon and Essex it would have been a bit of a jaunt, poor excuse I know and followed Cas on BBC and Sky, was going to 2014 final but was in hospital.
Now retired and finally talked wife into us making the trip with a promise of a visit to the Outlet we are coming , and fingers crossed more trips to follow.
Good Luck Tonight.
Have a good one matey.