Bullied and intimidated....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Bullied and intimidated....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Aug 2018, 22:53

... in that first half. Simply embarrassing at times.

The preparation for the game and that first 40 minutes has to be labelled as amateurish.

I'm a massive fan but the long running question marks over DP's ability to get his sides in the right mind set for big games lingers on.

The fact that we continue to play without genuine props (for me, Watts is a back row/prop hybrid) means that we always run the risk of being outgunned early doors.

Not sure how to view the next few games after tonight's results

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Bullied and intimidated....

Post by fords » 10 Aug 2018, 22:56

SuffolkTiger wrote:... in that first half. Simply embarrassing at times.

The preparation for the game and that first 40 minutes has to be labelled as amateurish.

I'm a massive fan but the long running question marks over DP's ability to get his sides in the right mind set for big games lingers on.

The fact that we continue to play without genuine props (for me, Watts is a back row/prop hybrid) means that we always run the risk of being outgunned early doors.

I will tell you what's going to happen, we won't make the top 4 but Huddersfield will

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Aug 2018, 23:12

His it me or is Jesse shrinking getting thrown about like a ragdoll better clark startin Prop jesse secound row or effective off bench

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Aug 2018, 23:15

fords wrote:

I will tell you what's going to happen, we won't make the top 4 but Huddersfield will[/quote]

will you be putting your money where your mouth is ? cos if you do you'll lose it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 10 Aug 2018, 23:22

IMO we are missing Millo more than any other player. He provides the glue in our pack and can do the hard yards or can distribute the ball better than most other players.
He hasn’t had as good a season as last but IMO our pack still performs far better with Millo on the pitch.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Aug 2018, 23:26

plus gale, foster and cook orrsome mate
jo brand is eddie warings love child

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 10 Aug 2018, 23:33

lurcher wrote:plus gale, foster and cook orrsome mate
I agree but the topic is ‘bullied and intimidated’ and I think that Millo is a cornerstone of our pack in more ways than one.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2018, 00:13

fords wrote:

I will tell you what's going to happen, we won't make the top 4 but Huddersfield will
Doubt it. As poor as that 1st half was, we should make at least 4th.
The long term fear is: are we now sliding? Not built upon last year's success for various reasons. Clinging on now. Injury hit yes, but those below amd aroind appear to be consolidating and making significant strides to improve.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Aug 2018, 00:15

As much as I appreciate what he brings to the side, our captain again performed like a nervous 17 year old thrown into his debut at a few hours notice.

We need a different skipper next year - someone who can fire the players up a bit when the mud and bullets are flying like they were in the first half.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 11 Aug 2018, 00:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:As much as I appreciate what he brings to the side, our captain again performed like a nervous 17 year old thrown into his debut at a few hours notice.

We need a different skipper next year - someone who can fire the players up a bit when the mud and bullets are flying like they were in the first half.
Gale or Macca for me, Shenny never opens his mouth.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 00:52

Another load of garbage shennys always talking to the players...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Aug 2018, 05:13

It was a lightweight pack that took the field last night. Wane had Wigan revved up for this and we had last weekend off. Add to that we were missing Cook & Millington...probably our most reliable pack performers.

Big game next week now for confidence.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 11 Aug 2018, 07:28

Nobody wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:As much as I appreciate what he brings to the side, our captain again performed like a nervous 17 year old thrown into his debut at a few hours notice.

Gale or Macca for me, Shenny never opens his mouth.
I'd possibly add Millo to the list.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Aug 2018, 07:29

We are still 6 points above Huddersfield with a far superior PD. 6 games left and they need to win 4 more than us. It won't happen. We may hobble in to the top 4 but we defo will make it.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 11 Aug 2018, 08:39

You could argue we got into the game because we stood up to wigans tactics and we then out performed them. The question I'd be asking would be why were we not ready for that Wigan onslaught from the off. Was our prep right as we took most likely a right talking to to decide we were going to play.

No need to press the panic button we won't play as bad as that first 40 minutes again yet we were right in it and Wigan needed a 50/50 penalty to get the win. Most would say a 2 point loss away at Wigan takes a fair effort. I don't fear Wigan we are a better team than them even more so once we put Gale,Millington,QLT and Matautia into the team.

Next week we now must win to stay in the race for second,I'd still fancy us if we get all our players out against any of the teams in a one off semi final.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Aug 2018, 09:05

braytontiger wrote:You could argue we got into the game because we stood up to wigans tactics and we then out performed them. The question I'd be asking would be why were we not ready for that Wigan onslaught from the off. Was our prep right as we took most likely a right talking to to decide we were going to play.

No need to press the panic button we won't play as bad as that first 40 minutes again yet we were right in it and Wigan needed a 50/50 penalty to get the win. Most would say a 2 point loss away at Wigan takes a fair effort. I don't fear Wigan we are a better team than them even more so once we put Gale,Millington,QLT and Matautia into the team.

Next week we now must win to stay in the race for second,I'd still fancy us if we get all our players out against any of the teams in a one off semi final.
Yes we had a few out, but so did Wigan.
SOL
Farrel
Gildart.
Burgess
Tautai

So if it is cas v Wigan in the semi, I would fear Wigan with them players back.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Aug 2018, 09:12

I don't actually think we were bullied or intimidated. I just think we was out enthused and playing against a team that dare not lose. Wane has made no secret about his disappointment of not being in a Challenge Cup semi/final and he must of put an absolute rocket up that Wigan team this week. I still get the feeling as a club, we sometimes play and go about things as though were just happy to be involved in the top 4, whereas your Wigans etc it means everything to them. Just my opinion, but I still think we have a small club mentality when it comes to big competitions.

Although, I still don't think there is a clear favourite for the grand final yet. if the top 4 finishes like it is, it is literally pot luck who get's there.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2018, 10:07

old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:You could argue we got into the game because we stood up to wigans tactics and we then out performed them. The question I'd be asking would be why were we not ready for that Wigan onslaught from the off. Was our prep right as we took most likely a right talking to to decide we were going to play.

Yes we had a few out, but so did Wigan.
SOL
Farrel
Gildart.
Burgess
Tautai

So if it is cas v Wigan in the semi, I would fear Wigan with them players back.
Don't think I would be too worried about SOL Farrell Tautai or Burgess. Certainly not anymore.
Gale and Millo are far bigger misses to us.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Aug 2018, 10:16

Our pack is the biggest issue at the moment. We can’t seem to get on top and start well. Wigan were able to make metres forward at ease. We then gifted them extra by making errors or by giving away penalties, no matter how weak and pathetic some of them were and how easily conned Child was. We gave them far too much respect and possession - we need to get an aggressive streak to us. Whack them like we mean it. It’s all well and good Watts doing 80 mins and making metres and so many tackles but it doesn’t help when he turns over so much possession that probably a good quarter of those tackle numbers are entirely down to him. Powell needs to have a word with him and tell him to focus only on running the ball in. No offloads, no stupid passes. Just keep hold of the bloody thing and play it. Simple rugby.

In terms of the 2nd half, it was much better and the fact that we went for broke giving it width and attacking with some purpose made a huge difference. I thought Webster made a huge difference on the right edge and that they actually had a point to prove. In the end giving Wigan a 20 point head start was too big, though keeping them tryless in the second half is a huge positive to take too after the first half rubbish.

Just a shame that in the end the game was won by penalty goals, the latter of which was wrong and unfairly given. We didn’t get any 50/50 all night. It annoys me slightly as I do feel had we got our fair share we would have won that. Perhaps undeservedly but we would have.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Aug 2018, 10:40

Both Watts and Moors look they are wannabe half backs at times. They are both virtually unplayable at times when they do what they are good at, they both need to recognise this and just do their jobs. Saying that, despite all of the turnover ball, the biggest issue was that right edge in the first half. Last night if Webster starts, Cas win. Gill's positioning was woeful on that wing - he was positioned virtually as a centre in defence the majority of the time and Eden isn't a good enough fullback to correct him as he was out of position himself. I always try and take a positive though, and the positive for me is that the team showed fight in the second half and could very easily have sneaked it if Trueman hadn't knocked an easy ball on when we were in a good position to draw level. Cas sides of days gone by at 20-0 down would have gone on to get hammered by 50/60 points. Not gonna comment too much on Childs, yes he was embarrassingly bad at times and how he has a job I don't know, but he's not the reason we lost that game - 1st Half; right edge out of position, losing collision and turning too much ball over gifting Wigan possession and territory is the reason we lost. Yet we still only lost to a penalty for a high shot that wasn't high.