Looking like they are for the drop? loosing 20 - 12

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Widnes

Post by old cas lass » 22 Sep 2018, 19:26

43s flyer wrote:Looking like they are for the drop? loosing 20 - 12
Deserved. They’ve been very poor in this game. Toronto not much better, they just wanted it more.

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 22 Sep 2018, 19:39

Wow. The other results have now really opened it up.
The best middle 8s yet, and it is the last

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Sep 2018, 20:15

Middle 8s has worked to perfection over the years. Its the super 8s which has been a total let down.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2018, 09:08

Four or five years ago Widnes were a similar type profile team as cas now with only one club to be promoted I don't see them back in super league anytime soon
If noble hadn't wanted so much money or Widnes had gone for Darryl Powell as there coach both teams situation might look a lot different than it does now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 23 Sep 2018, 09:27

Widnes were woeful yesterday and tbh didn't show much desire to keep their status alive.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Sep 2018, 11:33

I have no sympathy - even though it's a RL town which makes it a little sad for the game as a whole.

It's karma as a result of when they ruined our cup semi final after match celebrations and pulled Tigerman's head off in 2014.....!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Sep 2018, 11:41

SuffolkTiger wrote:I have no sympathy - even though it's a RL town which makes it a little sad for the game as a whole.

It's karma as a result of when they ruined our cup semi final after match celebrations and pulled Tigerman's head off in 2014.....!!

:clap: and that’s why I have no sympathy with them at all.....karma strikes.
We’ll never get that time back to celebrate with the players.
Totally put a dampener on what should have been a time of celebration.

It might only have been a hand full of there support, but it was still there support.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2018, 11:43

I've always had good chats with Widnes fans I remember last year talking to a few of them down lane and they were all saying cas away was there favourite away day ....bogs and all
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2018, 11:45

Not sure how many that ran on the field after the final whistle were true Widnes fans but it did spoil the day no doubt
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Sep 2018, 12:43

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Sep 2018, 12:51

I feel sorry for the hardcore genuine fans who turn up win, lose or draw every week and have done so for the last few seasons.

Tarnishing the small minority of hooligans is like blaming all Cas fans as being homophobic. You can’t pick and choose when to take the moral high ground. Those fans probably won’t be there witnessing the dross served up.

There’s a lot of similarities between Widnes and ourselves - small passionate rugby town steeped in history. They deserve better than what they have done.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Sep 2018, 14:29

HuddsTigers wrote:I feel sorry for the hardcore genuine fans who turn up win, lose or draw every week and have done so for the last few seasons.

Tarnishing the small minority of hooligans is like blaming all Cas fans as being homophobic. You can’t pick and choose when to take the moral high ground. Those fans probably won’t be there witnessing the dross served up.

There’s a lot of similarities between Widnes and ourselves - small passionate rugby town steeped in history. They deserve better than what they have done.
:clap: :clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 23 Sep 2018, 15:46

A few seasons ago when Widnes played us at the Jungle, I had the misfortune to be in the middle of a number of their fans when visiting the toilet. They were very vocal and aggressive telling me that Cas had no right to be in Super League because of our rap little ground and the sooner we went back down to the Championship the better. My next experience of them was before the 2014 Challenge cup semi when I tried to have a friendly chat with a few of them in a pub and again was met with abuse then the shameful antics at the final whistle.
Now I do realise that all teams have a few nutter “fans” and I’m sure that they have decent folk among their ranks too, but my experiences of Widnes fans doesn’t generate much sympathy from me and if we were in the same situation as they are I don’t think they’d be too bothered.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Sep 2018, 09:35

SuffolkTiger wrote:I have no sympathy - even though it's a RL town which makes it a little sad for the game as a whole.

They were club of the year aswell. You couldn't make it up. If not for the restraint of our fans, it saved the disgrace of the sport live on BBC.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Sep 2018, 09:38

orrsome wrote:A few seasons ago when Widnes played us at the Jungle, I had the misfortune to be in the middle of a number of their fans when visiting the toilet. They were very vocal and aggressive telling me that Cas had no right to be in Super League because of our rap little ground and the sooner we went back down to the Championship the better. My next experience of them was before the 2014 Challenge cup semi when I tried to have a friendly chat with a few of them in a pub and again was met with abuse then the shameful antics at the final whistle.
Now I do realise that all teams have a few nutter “fans” and I’m sure that they have decent folk among their ranks too, but my experiences of Widnes fans doesn’t generate much sympathy from me and if we were in the same situation as they are I don’t think they’d be too bothered.
Spot on.