Daryl Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Daryl Powell

Post by Jonny1975 » 10 Oct 2018, 10:43

Yeah cos we're struggling for back rowers.. Jesus,

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 10 Oct 2018, 11:03

Cas should approach London and look to offload Roberts, Wardle and springer. With the lack of talent about they would probably get a decent fee? For me Cas still need that battering ram through the middle to challenge next year

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2018, 11:06

Dazzyb wrote:Cas should approach London and look to offload Roberts, Wardle and springer. With the lack of talent about they would probably get a decent fee? For me Cas still need that battering ram through the middle to challenge next year
Springer should be able to do that the size of him but he doesn't have the minerals for it it would seem

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Oct 2018, 11:21

Dazzyb wrote:Cas should approach London and look to offload Roberts, Wardle and springer. With the lack of talent about they would probably get a decent fee?
Even taking into consideration his injury setbacks, what a disappointment Wardle has been... our one big name signing we were all supposed to get excited about

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 10 Oct 2018, 11:29

alftupper wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:Cas should approach London and look to offload Roberts, Wardle and springer. With the lack of talent about they would probably get a decent fee?
Even taking into consideration his injury setbacks, what a disappointment Wardle has been... our one big name signing we were all supposed to get excited about
Maybe another one that will benefit from a good full preseason

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Oct 2018, 12:47

Let’s hope so, there just seems to be something missing with him

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 10 Oct 2018, 13:08

alftupper wrote:Let’s hope so, there just seems to be something missing with him
Agree. He did ok defensively at times but seems so prone to taking knocks. Rarely offers much in attack. Hoped for way more. Certainly no better than what we already have in back row and doesn't look like a replacement centre.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 10 Oct 2018, 13:38

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
alftupper wrote:Let’s hope so, there just seems to be something missing with him
Agree. He did ok defensively at times but seems so prone to taking knocks. Rarely offers much in attack. Hoped for way more. Certainly no better than what we already have in back row and doesn't look like a replacement centre.
He been extremely poor im afraid,like another 3 or 4

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2018, 16:38

Wardell as been a big let down, not a patch on the player that used to play for Huddersfield, when we signed him i was over the moon thinking we had got a top player but the lad so far as failed to impress ,here is hoping for a big turn round next season

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 10 Oct 2018, 17:04

It seems the more beefier he's got down the years, the more injury prone he's become. It looks like he's trimmed down a little bit from the start of the season, maybe the conditioners and physios have noticed he's carrying around weight which can add to muscular injuries.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Oct 2018, 17:31

Whilst I appreciate players have to have the ability to adapt to where they play, Wardle was signed as a second-rower but has spent much of his time on the pitch at center. His efforts this year may be a result of a lack of confidence so a good, long stint in the pack may help next year.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Oct 2018, 17:49

Flat Capper wrote:Whilst I appreciate players have to have the ability to adapt to where they play, Wardle was signed as a second-rower but has spent much of his time on the pitch at center. His efforts this year may be a result of a lack of confidence so a good, long stint in the pack may help next year.
Not only that FC he’s been in and out of the team with injury.
He’s never been able to get any consistency.
Hopefully next year he’ll leave his injury prone behind him and he’ll have a good run in the team.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 10 Oct 2018, 19:11

doin a webster he started out injury prone...ill give wardle the benefit and i reckon he will nail it next year.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 Oct 2018, 08:33

Flat Capper wrote:Whilst I appreciate players have to have the ability to adapt to where they play, Wardle was signed as a second-rower but has spent much of his time on the pitch at center. His efforts this year may be a result of a lack of confidence so a good, long stint in the pack may help next year.
A rather lame excuse. Wardle has played a large part of his career at Centre in contrast to Foster who hasn’t and when asked to play there has done very well. Wardle needs to pull his finger out.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Oct 2018, 09:53

A similar take on the semi-final defeat here from Justin Holbrook of Saints. Mental toughness been the issue......

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/16 ... will-help/

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Oct 2018, 10:02

They got a player coming in there in l.coote who will help them with his experience in big games let's hope were looking to improve the squad in the same way
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Oct 2018, 10:17

Tigerade wrote:A similar take on the semi-final defeat here from Justin Holbrook of Saints. Mental toughness been the issue......

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/16 ... will-help/
Nearly 5,000 speccies we took to Wigan there's a passion in the town for the club I agree with what you said yesterday the times right to invest some of the record profits on a marquee signing if we can find the right bloke
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Oct 2018, 10:36

Yes I agree Tigerfeat. A new player with that mental toughness. Someone of the calibre of Danny Nutley would be a good start. It would have to be a marquee wage though as most of the cap space is already taken up.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Oct 2018, 10:58

Tigerade wrote:Yes I agree Tigerfeat. A new player with that mental toughness. Someone of the calibre of Danny Nutley would be a good start. It would have to be a marquee wage though as most of the cap space is already taken up.
I don’t disagree with the comment but Nutley didn’t help us win arguably the biggest game in our history at the time the first ‘million pound match’ as it was then called and that was despite having a pack that wasn’t bullied by anyone

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Oct 2018, 13:29

Tigerade wrote:Yes I agree Tigerfeat. A new player with that mental toughness. Someone of the calibre of Danny Nutley would be a good start. It would have to be a marquee wage though as most of the cap space is already taken up.
But to have a marquee player though we would still need £150K cap space which at present we don't have. We supposedly only have enough space for a squad player unless some players who are in contract for next year are moved on.

Looks like some players have been rewarded with inflated contracts in recent times which I aint sure they deserve.When you look at the quality within the Wire squad they seem to be getting hell of a lot more for their brass than we are.