Wakey seems to be active in the buying market for next year

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: George king to wakey

Post by JIN JER » 17 Oct 2018, 17:19

Bolton-tiger wrote:https://www.facebook.com/13763247293545 ... 925218185/

I'm happy with King, looks a reasonable signing. Ben Reynolds yet to be announced as cover for Miller and Hampsh. Then rumours of Kopjack (sp) to finish off recruitment.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Oct 2018, 18:02

Wonder if bill tupou have to make way for the in-comings ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 Oct 2018, 18:39

tigerfeat wrote:Wonder if bill tupou have to make way for the in-comings ;)
You know better than that tiger. :D

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Oct 2018, 23:13

JIN JER wrote:

I'm happy with King, looks a reasonable signing. Ben Reynolds yet to be announced as cover for Miller and Hampsh. Then rumours of Kopjack (sp) to finish off recruitment.
i don't know how you're keeping under the cap. ;) think reynolds will become 1st choice and it could be miller he pushes out when all are fit.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Oct 2018, 11:49

lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

i don't know how you're keeping under the cap. ;) think reynolds will become 1st choice and it could be miller he pushes out when all are fit.
Cos compared with other clubs we pay F all, Reynolds won't push Millar out in my opinion, not in the next two years anyhow. Carter runs a very tight ship and always complains that we're paying no where near our cap limit. So (where's that middle finger emoji) have that. ;)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 12:40

carters done well if hes put together that squad and resigned dream team players and england players on long term deals and is still spending no where near the salary cap
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Oct 2018, 13:49

JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Cos compared with other clubs we pay F all, Reynolds won't push Millar out in my opinion, not in the next two years anyhow. Carter runs a very tight ship and always complains that we're paying no where near our cap limit. So (where's that middle finger emoji) have that. ;)
Question is who is going to get pushed out to accomadate Danny Brough.....

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 18 Oct 2018, 16:18

tigerfeat wrote:carters done well if hes put together that squad and resigned dream team players and england players on long term deals and is still spending no where near the salary cap
There’s the salary cap & then there’s the salary cap 2.0! Now I’m not accusing anyone of breaching either of the two, but there are plenty of dispensations that would allow a club to go over the salary cap without breaching salary cap 2.0; thus allowing the “we’re way under the cap” line to be true.
Also, I would imagine players gaining representative honours will trigger clauses in contracts as well as triggering salary cap 2.0 & I suspect that wakey are close to the point of “needing” to win something, gain an extra 1500 paying customers or secure new investment or the squad could start to separate (I’d say the same goes for Cas too for what it’s worth).
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 16:40

No I just thought to myself Johnstone tupou fifita every super league club would be after Lynne is in England squad plus a few more who must be on good money Hampshire as just signed a new deal as well I think and yet they sign players no problem and are still well under the salary cap !
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Oct 2018, 18:38

My information is that Hampsh is on a pittance compared with what I'd have expected, a good wage for a factory worker but not for a professional sportsman.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Oct 2018, 18:48

Mr Carter could do with having a word with wellsy ;)
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Oct 2018, 19:05

tigerfeat wrote:Mr Carter could do with having a word with wellsy ;)
I don't think there's a position for him. :D

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2018, 10:00

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:carters done well if hes put together that squad and resigned dream team players and england players on long term deals and is still spending no where near the salary cap
There’s the salary cap & then there’s the salary cap 2.0! Now I’m not accusing anyone of breaching either of the two, but there are plenty of dispensations that would allow a club to go over the salary cap without breaching salary cap 2.0; thus allowing the “we’re way under the cap” line to be true.
Also, I would imagine players gaining representative honours will trigger clauses in contracts as well as triggering salary cap 2.0 & I suspect that wakey are close to the point of “needing” to win something, gain an extra 1500 paying customers or secure new investment or the squad could start to separate (I’d say the same goes for Cas too for what it’s worth).
I would say your right. It's great having international players but they will demand more if their contract doesn't allow for it. Fans with Dream team players and award winners.

Success in the field means you have to succeed off the field. If you need 7k crowd to pay full salary cap, some teams have some work to do.

Huddersfield have to dip into their owners pockets, now to 14 million.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Nov 2018, 00:49

The Firm wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

Question is who is going to get pushed out to accomadate Danny Brough.....
Just going to boot this post of mine a few weeks ago back to the top.... ;)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Nov 2018, 01:34

Who do you think that The firm and why should we offload? I think we've a cracking squad and it would be a shame to let any of our squad go. After saying that Bill Toupou is on his way, isn't he?:)

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 04 Nov 2018, 13:33

Wasn’t me that said Tupou was leaving, in fact i laughed it off. Don’t be shocked if one or two do depart though. And Brough’s arrival is working already, a couple of your players are less than impressed!

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 04 Nov 2018, 13:59

The Firm wrote:Wasn’t me that said Tupou was leaving, in fact i laughed it off. Don’t be shocked if one or two do depart though. And Brough’s arrival is working already, a couple of your players are less than impressed!
Which players are those?

Long live the Tigers!!!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Nov 2018, 16:01

The Firm wrote:Wasn’t me that said Tupou was leaving, in fact i laughed it off. Don’t be shocked if one or two do depart though. And Brough’s arrival is working already, a couple of your players are less than impressed!
So you've spoken to a couple of our players since Brough was announced in the last couple of days? Mischief making here The Firm? :)

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 04 Nov 2018, 18:11

da_jimbob_7 wrote:
Which players are those?
I’d be interested to hear Hampshire’s thoughts as I’m sure he’ll have expected to be playing in the halves when he signed his new contract.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".