Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Oct 2018, 19:30

Could put Wardle and Foster into three quarters too

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 18 Oct 2018, 19:46

Really think we do need a couple of additions to the back line maybe even another forward but seems like we’re going with what we’ve got

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Oct 2018, 20:13

last year it was mid season when we signed Watts then late in the season two full backs, i have no doubt if the right men comes along we will sign them

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Oct 2018, 21:30

Since when is James Clare our wing man saviour? Genuinely?
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 18 Oct 2018, 21:33

Mysterio wrote:Since when is James Clare our wing man saviour? Genuinely?

since we currently have no one else with Minikin at centre.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2018, 08:56

Andrew6666 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Say what you want about the last few months of Websters career with us, but with him missing, we have lost a big physical presence in the centre. I fear we will be heavily targeted down that Minikin/Clare side if they are to be next years duo.

I would feel much safer seeing Foster and Minikin there personally.
I think DP has said he will go with Minikin at centre, but if we are hammered down that side (due to Minikins lack of size) I can see Foster being used in the centres.
Or we could actually bring a centre in and play Minikin on the wing and have Clare as backup

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Oct 2018, 08:59

fords wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Say what you want about the last few months of Websters career with us, but with him missing, we have lost a big physical presence in the centre. I fear we will be heavily targeted down that Minikin/Clare side if they are to be next years duo.

I think DP has said he will go with Minikin at centre, but if we are hammered down that side (due to Minikins lack of size) I can see Foster being used in the centres.
Or we could actually bring a centre in and play Minikin on the wing and have Clare as backup
This. Or bring in a top class winger and play Minikin at centre. Eitherway we need a change on the right side.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Oct 2018, 09:58

Swagger wrote:
fords wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:

This. Or bring in a top class winger and play Minikin at centre. Eitherway we need a change on the right side.
No good bringing in a top class winger if the centre inside of him isn’t up to the job. I would love a direct replacement for Jake, in size and stature.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Oct 2018, 10:31

If we go Minikin and Clare next year there won’t be any CC or GFwinners at Cas. Simply not good enough

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 19 Oct 2018, 12:30

Minikin is a centre not a winger and I believe quite rightly he will get his shot next year, that does leave a wing spot open as we require a player that will give us an edge (on that edge). I expect someone will be signed up, work is clearly underway to free up some cap space and JW has confirmed that there will be a small number of personnel changes. Patience is quite possibly a requirement here.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2018, 12:31

SREGITSAC wrote:Minikin is a centre not a winger and I believe quite rightly he will get his shot next year, that does leave a wing spot open as we require a player that will give us an edge (on that edge). I expect someone will be signed up, work is clearly underway to free up some cap space and JW has confirmed that there will be a small number of personnel changes. Patience is quite possibly a requirement here.
:lol:

No chance of that happening
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 19 Oct 2018, 13:41

the machine wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:Minikin is a centre not a winger and I believe quite rightly he will get his shot next year, that does leave a wing spot open as we require a player that will give us an edge (on that edge). I expect someone will be signed up, work is clearly underway to free up some cap space and JW has confirmed that there will be a small number of personnel changes. Patience is quite possibly a requirement here.
:lol:

No chance of that happening
True!

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 25 Oct 2018, 20:20

Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Oct 2018, 20:32

daytona wrote:Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.
Indicates a resigning than a new signing. Probably Minikin new contract.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Oct 2018, 20:57

daytona wrote:Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.
I shall be renewing my season ticket but some news like this will spur me on, lets hope its a center

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Oct 2018, 21:48

Could be a sponsorship deal

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Oct 2018, 22:49

I’ll be surprised if it’s Greg, expect his extension to come mid season

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 25 Oct 2018, 23:34

New deal for Trueman ??!?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Oct 2018, 23:45

Could be...fits the bill of fans being happy about it and it is one of JWs key goals in the short term, to tie him up.

Left field but Rhys Evans is being touted around by Leigh and I believe he is one of Craig’s ... not sure how I would feel about that!

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 25 Oct 2018, 23:48

he has loads of players on his books it could be , but I reckon it’s Trueman resigning