New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Squaddie86 » 14 Mar 2019, 19:04

HuddsTigers wrote:If it was Cas getting it I think everyone's reaction would be slightly different, .

I'm on record on this forum in my opposition to tax money being spent on professional sports teams - Cas included.

The only way I'd find it acceptable is if the money was on a public facility complete with things like a pool, athletic track, multi use sports surfaces/training facilities etc. Which were open to all.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Mar 2019, 19:42

Squaddie86 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:If it was Cas getting it I think everyone's reaction would be slightly different, .

I'm on record on this forum in my opposition to tax money being spent on professional sports teams - Cas included.

The only way I'd find it acceptable is if the money was on a public facility complete with things like a pool, athletic track, multi use sports surfaces/training facilities etc. Which were open to all.
^^^^this
Not that I live in wmdc but I can understand exactly the feelings here.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Mar 2019, 19:59

For more than a decade austerity has been the political mantra.
The consequences are there for all to.
Cuts to public services.
Public Sector pay freeze.
Food banks.
I could go on.
Sports and politics a few scandals there.
So it raises many questions.
But there again many of the the arts receive public money and some are more popular with those with money.
Seem to remember political shinanigan over ar Salford not too long ago.
I see no financial logic.
Trinity should do all. they can to secure this deal.
It will never come again.

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 14 Mar 2019, 20:58

Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Mar 2019, 21:59

PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Mar 2019, 22:03

HuddsTigers wrote:PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED:
Good news, but nothing can happen until we get another 15% units signed up.
That could take an eternity. So still a waiting game.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 14 Mar 2019, 22:28

old cas lass wrote:
It's another 11 stores. Now it has PP all the units, never mind the 11 needed to build will be eaten up by companies...They know it'll happen so can commit to the project and going public with it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2019, 22:34

Great news ....I never thought we would get to this stage ...exciting times ahead now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Mar 2019, 23:13

Evening Dunkirk Spirit.
Coming on here with a well reasoned, objective and balanced post.
We can do with trouble causer like you.
Welcome aboard.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Mar 2019, 00:18

TheSheriff wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
It's another 11 stores. Now it has PP all the units, never mind the 11 needed to build will be eaten up by companies...They know it'll happen so can commit to the project and going public with it.
correct mate, axiom/lateral always said once pp was complete lots more would sign up.
makes sense really, would any body buy a new house off plan before pp was granted?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Mar 2019, 00:42

JIN JER wrote:Don't get wound up too quickly, wait and see what the details are. I can't imagine for a minute that WMDC can just take out a loan for a private sporting club and give £3.1M to said club, the loan must have to be ratified somewhere along the line.
i agree to some extent jinj mate my post late last night was maybe a tad hasty in some respects.
having thought about it a bit more deeply i do have a major concern.
when this whole newmarket epic started it was the trust that would own the community stadium and rent it back to the club. (anchor tenants) and i don't think any one had a problem with that. although the trust were warned many times by a cas poster that they had taken their eye off the ball and it would never happen. he has been proved right so far.
my worry now is that this loan is to "the club" which i assume means the said owner of the club.
if this is so mc got the club for nothing and and by virtue of a very generous gesture by wmdc now stands to make £millions in profit if he sells the club. as you say its best to wait for details but if this is true it makes you wonder if mc has actually been in league with *^&"£$+_*&% all the time. he is first and foremost a businessman after all. as always mate we'll have to wait and see.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 Mar 2019, 00:45

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you
welcome on board mate, opposition fans are always welcome on here and jinjer is testament to that.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 Mar 2019, 08:26

tigerfeat wrote:Great news ....I never thought we would get to this stage ...exciting times ahead now
when if we get a start date, they should make a big thing about it. get a x cas legend to shovel the first bit off muck were stadium going to be .

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 15 Mar 2019, 08:45

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:Good evening, first post on this forum, I am a Trinity fan first a rugby league fan second. I read with interest most forums but seldom post. I would like to comment re the Trinity stadium. At this current time as far as I’m aware, the Council has only proposed the loan. The Council have made such statements before but never delivered. The stadium trust has made no comment yet, and our chairman John Minards advised fans to accept only the statements made by the Trust/club. It’s understandable that some of our fans are excited about this news, but any Council statements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Both Cas and Trinity clubs and fans have been let down by both Council and developers over the years. I think for both sets of fans it’s a case of wait and see. I do hope both our clubs get what we have been promised by the developers.

Thank you
Good post that mate welcome. While we often snipe at each other, I think most fans from both sets would agree that having a strong Cas and Wakey in the super league with leading facilities would be great for the area. Sick of seeing the Lanc teams stretching ahead on and off the pitch.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Mar 2019, 09:10

being a amateur rugby league fan to keep the production line of young players wanting to play our game, we need a strong Wakefield Feath and Cas ,

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 15 Mar 2019, 09:25

lurcher wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Don't get wound up too quickly, wait and see what the details are. I can't imagine for a minute that WMDC can just take out a loan for a private sporting club and give £3.1M to said club, the loan must have to be ratified somewhere along the line.
i agree to some extent jinj mate my post late last night was maybe a tad hasty in some respects.
having thought about it a bit more deeply i do have a major concern.
when this whole newmarket epic started it was the trust that would own the community stadium and rent it back to the club. (anchor tenants) and i don't think any one had a problem with that. although the trust were warned many times by a cas poster that they had taken their eye off the ball and it would never happen. he has been proved right so far.
my worry now is that this loan is to "the club" which i assume means the said owner of the club.
if this is so mc got the club for nothing and and by virtue of a very generous gesture by wmdc now stands to make £millions in profit if he sells the club. as you say its best to wait for details but if this is true it makes you wonder if mc has actually been in league with *^&"£$+_*&% all the time. he is first and foremost a businessman after all. as always mate we'll have to wait and see.
A couple of points her Lurcher, I'm very poor remembering figures but I'm pretty sure MC put his own house on the line as collateral against loans etc, I'm pretty sure he wiped out £600K of debt and is still clearing debt to date, so with due respect he hardly got the club for nothing.
As for being in league with, I'm assuming you're alluding to Yorkcourt I can't honestly see that for a minute reading all the comments from MC for the last few years he held YC in as much disdain as the rest of us supporters.
Again I myself can't imagine WMDC taking out a loan and "gifting" £3.1M to Trinity per se? What I could imagine would be that "The trust" would handle the loan, the club would pay rental in form of interest repayments of the loan.
I'm quite obviously a Trinity supporter, but as a bloke with morals (too many at times) in these days of food banks, people living on the streets and austerity measures in general it does sit a little uneasy with me. Then again if/when all the details surface I'm pretty sure it won't be as simple as it appears at the moment.
Ps. As another aside, another fear of mine would be, if "The trust" is to handle BV after the loan, which trust is this likely to be, could Rodders trust put themselves forward as the Trinity trust as opposed to the "official trust" that has been negotiating for five years?

And breathe. :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Mar 2019, 10:59

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Mar 2019, 11:06

Wonder who the 2 were who voted against it.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 15 Mar 2019, 11:08

When you read that article the thing that stands out for me is the creation of an extra 1000 jobs (from 2000 to 3000) which is only good news in my opinion.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 Mar 2019, 11:19

old cas lass wrote:

Wonder who the 2 were who voted against it.
Most people are not botherd about political rubbish and back handers .The music to peoples ears is at the bottom off the statement we hope to be laying the first bricks some time this year , gentlemen. Start your jcbs