Olpherts

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Olpherts

Post by Fryston Tiger » 13 May 2019, 13:41

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What with this seasons performance and signings like this it is making the decision to renew season tickets pretty straight forward. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Same for me, straightforward, because I'm a Cas fan and renew every time.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:46

HuddsTigers wrote:If he's a replacement for Gill and Egodo will people still view it as a bad signing.

ST's go on sale in Aug/Sept - that's why I said people need to wait until then. Only then can fans judge signings IF it's true in their proper context.

The very same people criticising this signing are probably the same ones criticising the club for not retaining Mitch Clark. Yet the short-sightedness of that is that Mitch Clark was an uninspiring WHO?! signing when we made it.

Powell has a bloody good record when it comes to taking players with potential and turning them into great players. He may not get every one right - he's only human - but the vast majority turn out to be well worth the RoI and faith put in them.
Well put hudds Powell will always av my respect his patience must be wearing thin with recent results i just hoped Mitch would be in our long term plans we don't know what's gone on behind scenes with contract negotiations hope we av a gem lined up

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 16 May 2019, 09:41

Not having read every post I don't know if this has been mentioned but when DP was Fev coach, Rovers had a joint Under 18's with Featherstone Lions. Olpherts at that time was on Rovers books and played in the joint Under 18's team before being released. Maybe Daryl has been watching Olpherts since his move from Shaw Cross to Newcastle and then to Salford and been impressed with what he's seen.
Personally, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole unless his attitude has totally changed 100%.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 May 2019, 11:47

HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:2017 we knew we needed a fullback, we stalled in getting one.
2018 we knew well in advance jake was leaving, stalled again.
Not sure who is to blame wells/Powell/Gratton, but someone is.

Now we need a prop and a winger, especially if minikin is leaving.
It disheartens you. Well it does me.
Misconception here.

We tried signing Wiliame who messed us around. We then tried signing Junior Sa'u, which Salford kyboshed by demanding too much money than we were prepared to pay. So we sat it out until the right centre came along for us.

Not sure on the full-back situation but the Hardaker case won't have helped us and then we tried signing Kheirallah until we settled for Matautia and QLT.
You totally miss the point.

‘Trying’ and ‘doing’ are totally different, actions speak louder than words, excuses don’t matter and only serve to annoy.

Real people go out and force the issue.
Audacter Et Sincere

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 May 2019, 17:27

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:2017 we knew we needed a fullback, we stalled in getting one.

Misconception here.

We tried signing Wiliame who messed us around. We then tried signing Junior Sa'u, which Salford kyboshed by demanding too much money than we were prepared to pay. So we sat it out until the right centre came along for us.

Not sure on the full-back situation but the Hardaker case won't have helped us and then we tried signing Kheirallah until we settled for Matautia and QLT.

‘Trying’ and ‘doing’ are totally different, actions speak louder than words, excuses don’t matter and only serve to annoy.

So you'd have been fine with paying Williame over 100k a year?
Or paying Salford 150k + Sau's wage for a 30 odd year old?
How do you suggest Castleford turn into Toilouse so Keraliah would move?

There's forcing the issue and there's being irresponsible, signing Sau or Williame at what was demanded would have been irresponsible.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2019, 17:43

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Misconception here.

'Doing' just to placate the fans would be irresponsible of the club, particularly as many are vocal on here recently of overpaying the players. Not saying that's you but fans need to pick and choose which route they want to go down.

For me, we can't force Wiliame to join and quite honestly, I'd much rather have someone who wants to play for us than someone who's only settling for the cash.

With Sa'u, the club shouldn't fork out any old asking price - in fact I remember many fans on here criticising the club for even splashing out a fee on a 32 year old.

Hopefully Blair will be worth the wait and it's just a case of getting a settled side back on the field. We've never needed dramatic changes - it's always just tinkering.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 May 2019, 17:54

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Misconception here.

'Doing' just to placate the fans would be irresponsible of the club, particularly as many are vocal on here recently of overpaying the players. Not saying that's you but fans need to pick and choose which route they want to go down.

For me, we can't force Wiliame to join and quite honestly, I'd much rather have someone who wants to play for us than someone who's only settling for the cash.

With Sa'u, the club shouldn't fork out any old asking price - in fact I remember many fans on here criticising the club for even splashing out a fee on a 32 year old.

Hopefully Blair will be worth the wait and it's just a case of getting a settled side back on the field. We've never needed dramatic changes - it's always just tinkering.
Settling for cash like my old mate Mitch Clark?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 May 2019, 18:52

Balboa1 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Misconception here.

Settling for cash like my old mate Mitch Clark?
Shouldn't you be warming up by now mitch :-k
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 May 2019, 10:28

hope hes playing tonight ...see what were getting
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 May 2019, 20:23

Jon wells will have a smile like a Cheshire cat at half time ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 17 May 2019, 20:34

He scored a good try.salford giving us hope for next week

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 May 2019, 20:40

He took his try really well.
Stepped and dodged through the saints defence with ease.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 17 May 2019, 20:41

Bolton-tiger wrote:He scored a good try.salford giving us hope for next week
If Truman can play like Hastings weve cracked it :dance:

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 17 May 2019, 21:37

This is why you have to get rid of the on-field decision before it goes upto the screen and just use the common sense decision. That last try was a ball lost and Salford should feel themselves very hard done by.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 May 2019, 21:38

smarty_tiger wrote:This is why you have to get rid of the on-field decision before it goes upto the screen and just use the common sense decision. That last try was a ball lost and Salford should feel themselves very hard done by.
Could have still been over turned by child.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 17 May 2019, 21:39

old cas lass wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:This is why you have to get rid of the on-field decision before it goes upto the screen and just use the common sense decision. That last try was a ball lost and Salford should feel themselves very hard done by.
Could have still been over turned by child.
Not unless he is absolutely certain due the the on decision ruling, but if that was not a ruling that would have been disallowed and why did I post this in this thread? Apologies.

Liam1986

Post by Liam1986 » 22 May 2019, 16:19

This guy must of only played a hand full of games last year was at Newcastle year before that is this all we can afford or can attract to cas. I watched him play for sharlston in summer league that had 8 teams in it then he went to Walton to play against men that was over 40 come on we can do better than this can't we

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 May 2019, 16:36

you seem to watch a lot of games in the wakey area liam.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 May 2019, 16:53

lurcher wrote:you seem to watch a lot of games in the wakey area liam.
Good spot old boy....

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 May 2019, 14:08

Old Derrel is having a bit of a nightmare today....