Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Jun 2019, 11:20

Unless they are going to throw zak in as a sweetener for us then id keep him untill next year.unless we can get a replacement for him but it dosnt look like we can get one right this minuite,id make it harder for wigan than it already is with them losing tautai and not flower

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Jun 2019, 12:06

Why the hell would we want Zak Hardaker?wish cas fans would let it go.way he made me and thousands of cas fans feel days before biggest game in our history is enough to never want to see that idiot in cas colours again.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Jun 2019, 12:19

another player we will not be getting is Joe Westerman love rugby league report he as signed for Wakefield turning down CAS

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jun 2019, 12:25

jackknife wrote:
fords wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Absolutely needed a clear out.
Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

Then potentially Millo retiring.
I also have doubts about Moors, Holmes and Gale.
As well as Rankin's situation.
Defo. Problem is none of these will be big earners. So how much does it leave us to play with to bring in the quality we need.

If by freshen up he means replace squad player with another I will be peed off big time.
How do you replace squad players with super stars without making the squad smaller, we all know dp like a big squad.
You cant, we need to run with a smaller squad and if injuries hit then use the youngsters.

We cant have it both ways. If we want to win owt were gonna need better than what we have now.

Lets be honest 2017 was the year for us to win the big one and we blew it. Yes Zak screwed us over but that Leeds team has to be the worst to appear in a GF ever so we still should have beat them even minus Zak.

Therefore our 13 needs improving.

Starting with a right winger and a prop to compliment Watts.

So far we have

Hepi for Clark

Olpherts for Minikin if true

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Jun 2019, 13:26

"Freshening the squad" is an interesting turn of phrase that could be interpreted many ways but I would like to think DP may also consider freshening his recruitment policy. The "taking a punt" on players approach has fallen short this season so it may now be time to go big or go home!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jun 2019, 13:46

Flat Capper wrote:"Freshening the squad" is an interesting turn of phrase that could be interpreted many ways but I would like to think DP may also consider freshening his recruitment policy. The "taking a punt" on players approach has fallen short this season so it may now be time to go big or go home!
Agree with that.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 Jun 2019, 14:41

Scoopage wrote:Why the hell would we want Zak Hardaker?wish cas fans would let it go.way he made me and thousands of cas fans feel days before biggest game in our history is enough to never want to see that idiot in cas colours again.
:clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 13 Jun 2019, 15:05

heritage1926 wrote:
jackknife wrote:Think Wigan have already asked for Clark early n was told no unless we could get a replacement in which with hepi wanting to finish season with Toulouse cant see Clark been allowed to leave.
Balls in our court then, we can make Wigan squirm if they want him now. They've certainly not done us any favours over the years.
The problem is we are paying him a full time contract and not playing him. Surely it's better to get him off the books to save on wages?

MY CLUB. MY CAS

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Jun 2019, 15:26

Casmania wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
jackknife wrote:Think Wigan have already asked for Clark early n was told no unless we could get a replacement in which with hepi wanting to finish season with Toulouse cant see Clark been allowed to leave.
Balls in our court then, we can make Wigan squirm if they want him now. They've certainly not done us any favours over the years.
The problem is we are paying him a full time contract and not playing him. Surely it's better to get him off the books to save on wages?
But if we get an injury hes there waiting to be played
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Jun 2019, 15:35

Casmania wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
I know he's a Wigan player for 2020, but right now he's still a Cas player. Wigan and Lenegan think they're above everyone and can get what they want with a click of their fingers. They are apparently going all out to bring Mitch in for this season, I really hope we are giving them a big middle finger.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 13 Jun 2019, 15:40

I hope we make decision based on sound business principles.
Cost verses potential savings.
Possible sewing descent in the camp is never good

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2019, 21:55

Flat Capper wrote:"Freshening the squad" is an interesting turn of phrase that could be interpreted many ways but I would like to think DP may also consider freshening his recruitment policy. The "taking a punt" on players approach has fallen short this season so it may now be time to go big or go home!
Spot on mate the lack of class in the team is alarming we don't make breaks the passing at times would be a embarrassment to a amateur team for next season just to hold station we need 3 or 4 class signings major surgery rarther than freshening in my view as you say go big or go home
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Jun 2019, 21:57

Eden needs to be added to the list of players who can go, absolute abomination of a player.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:00

TheSheriff wrote:Eden needs to be added to the list of players who can go, absolute abomination of a player.
I don’t really get the criticism of Eden.
I wasn’t impressed when we signed him, but I think he’s done well during his time at the club. Whilst he’s not been playing in a team creating oodles of chances, I think his kick-returns and defensive play has actually been better this year than it was in 2017 or 2018.
Wingers will very rarely look good in teams who are struggling and they will always be exposed defensively as the last man.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Jun 2019, 22:20

Thought his catching was superb tonight.
Some of snyeds kick offs were going all over the place but Eden was there taking them all.
His runs out of defence, you just can’t knock tonight.
And a try in top of that.

My MOM by far.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:23

We must be the slowest team in the league by a mile Hull had 5 players who could go length of pitch other then Eden we ant one who could go past halfway line without getting caught.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Jun 2019, 22:24

Need to go all out on getting Fonua in really, something completely different.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:25

old cas lass wrote:Thought his catching was superb tonight.
Some of snyeds kick offs were going all over the place but Eden was there taking them all.
His runs out of defence, you just can’t knock tonight.
And a try in top of that.

My MOM by far.
Agreed. My heart used to skip a beat whenever Eden was under a kick. Now I think he’s as likely to catch it as any other winger.
His kick returns are very good.
After the St Helen’s game he stopped passing the ball across our own try line. This seems to be creeping back into his game. Powell should just fine him for every pass he makes in his own half.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:28

Can’t fault Eden tonight, some of those takes were outstanding.

We know what he gives us when Gale and Shenny are both playing and when we had the drugs cheat. He won’t repeat that in this team.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:32

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Can’t fault Eden tonight, some of those takes were outstanding.

We know what he gives us when Gale and Shenny are both playing and when we had the drugs cheat. He won’t repeat that in this team.
Gale is the key. Our left winger scored a bucket-load of tries when we didn’t have Shenton or Hardaker in 2015 and when we didn’t have Hardaker in 2016.
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 13 Jun 2019, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.