This isn't for talking about Leeds/Stoke/Hull

Just for football in general.

Lets all laugh at Derby. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 01 Sep 2008, 14:17

England manager Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Andorra and Croatia in World Cup qualifiers next week.

And now skysports.com wants to hear your view on Capello's decisions for his first competitive internationals as England boss.

The Italian has named Jimmy Bullard in his 23-man squad in the absence Steven Gerrard, Owen Hargreaves and Michael Carrick.

What do you make of the Fulham midfielder's call up? Is Capello correct as England prepare to begin their quest for a place in the finals in South Africa in two years' time?

Meanwhile, Michael Owen has also been over-looked. Should the Newcastle striker, who has a history of scoring in big games, have been selected?

Are there any other players you think Capello should have selected? Should some players have been dropped from the international scene?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 58,00.html

It's a disgrace choosing the likes of heskey and defoe above owen, a proven goal scorer!
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: All other football talk

Post by dettoriman » 01 Sep 2008, 14:23

fenton wrote:This isn't for talking about Leeds/Stoke/Hull

Just for football in general.

Lets all laugh at Derby. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 01 Sep 2008, 14:27

Amy wrote:England manager Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Andorra and Croatia in World Cup qualifiers next week.

And now skysports.com wants to hear your view on Capello's decisions for his first competitive internationals as England boss.

The Italian has named Jimmy Bullard in his 23-man squad in the absence Steven Gerrard, Owen Hargreaves and Michael Carrick.

What do you make of the Fulham midfielder's call up? Is Capello correct as England prepare to begin their quest for a place in the finals in South Africa in two years' time?

Meanwhile, Michael Owen has also been over-looked. Should the Newcastle striker, who has a history of scoring in big games, have been selected?

Are there any other players you think Capello should have selected? Should some players have been dropped from the international scene?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 58,00.html

It's a disgrace choosing the likes of heskey and defoe above owen, a proven goal scorer!
I think its good that Bullard has got a call up, after his horror injury people thought he wouldn't be the same again! but my oh my has he proved the football world wrong!

Capello may aswell try him with the injuries and he is a good player you cannot deny that onhis day! im happy that he's been chosen as he really is a good footballer and seems a nice guy!

On the other hand i would of rather of had Owen and Crouch than Defoe and HESKEY!

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 01 Sep 2008, 20:21

Why is it a disgrace? Owen has been injured for the majority of the last two years, while Defoe and Heskey have been playing week in week out.

Defoe has been in lethal form for club, especially at the end of last season, and his move to Pompey permanently will do him the world of good.

Heskey is not a proven goalscorer, but he's a brilliant target man and good at holding the ball up for the other pacier striker.

There is one striker who is consistently overlooked, and that is Darren Bent.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 01 Sep 2008, 21:18

Amy wrote:above owen, a proven goal scorer!
... and the only man to make Paul Sculthorpe look fit and healthy
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 02 Sep 2008, 14:55

~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 02 Sep 2008, 15:27

The Newcastle story is quite shocking really, Mike Ashley is supposed to be a Newcastle fan and he's treating a Newcastle legend and the Newcastle fans like dirt.

Id laugh if they end up with Wisey in charge. :lol: :lol:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 02 Sep 2008, 15:38

And we thought our club was run poorly! :roll:

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 02 Sep 2008, 16:17

If they end up with Wise im actually gunna urinate myself :lol:

Can you imagine the geordies reaction to his..erm... 'style' of play :lol:

Im afraid he is gonna have to expand his tactical knowledge beyond sticking 4 strikers up front and lumping it forward if losing with 10 minutes to go :lol:

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 02 Sep 2008, 17:12

Rich_1 wrote:If they end up with Wise im actually gunna urinate myself :lol:

Can you imagine the geordies reaction to his..erm... 'style' of play :lol:

Im afraid he is gonna have to expand his tactical knowledge beyond sticking 4 strikers up front and lumping it forward if losing with 10 minutes to go :lol:
Did he even have a 'style' of play? Certainly not a conventional one! :lol: There was something dodgy in his appointment at Newcastle from the start though for me.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 02 Sep 2008, 17:23

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Manchester City yet. :shock: :lol: :lol:

My step dads a City fan, i still think he's in shock.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 02 Sep 2008, 17:34

It's crazy what is happening at City. Apparently, now they want Ronaldo for £135million, Fabregas and Torres. I think City can afford to offer so much that it will be too hard for other clubs to refuse. Is there a player they can't get? The only way I see City not getting their targets is if the player themselves don't want to join. However, with the money offered I don't think many players will say no. Also, have to feel sorry for Shaun Wright-Phillips. He has left the old chelsea to seek first team football and has joined the new chelsea.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 02 Sep 2008, 18:05

Fully wrote:
There are reasons for that. The main one being he is rubbish.

Cleaned up - Sigon

SherburnTiger88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SherburnTiger88 » 02 Sep 2008, 18:06

Rich_1 wrote:
Fully wrote:
There are reasons for that. The main one being he is rubbish.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleaned up - Sigon
And It's Hull City! Hullll Cityyyyy FC! We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!!!!!
Silverware! We Don't Care! We'll follow City/Tigers Everywhere!!!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 02 Sep 2008, 18:07

ten wrote: Also, have to feel sorry for Shaun Wright-Phillips. He has left the old chelsea to seek first team football and has joined the new chelsea.
ANd more than likely took a wage cut. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 02 Sep 2008, 19:21

Citys dream:

1. Cech
2. Alves
5. Rio/Cannavaro
6. Terry
3. Abidal?
7. Ronaldo
4. Fabregas
8. Kaka
11. Robinho
9. Messi
10. Torres

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 02 Sep 2008, 19:31

According to Sky Sports News it says "NEWCASTLE STATEMENT: KEVIN KEEGAN HAS NOT BEEN SACKED."

However, nobody knows if that means if he is still in charge or not. Sky Sports News are awaiting further news on the story.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Sep 2008, 20:40

It's been said on Sky Sports News that City intend making a bid of £135 million for Ronaldo in the January transfer window!

Football has evolved into a grotesque abomination of what was once a working mans sport. I don't know how supporters (I would guess most are on a moderate income) can still happily turn up week in week out like sheep and pay £30 or £50 to watch a team that is owned by a multi billionaire.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 02 Sep 2008, 20:44

alftupper wrote:It's been said on Sky Sports News that City intend making a bid of £135 million for Ronaldo in the January transfer window!

Football has evolved into a grotesque abomination of what was once a working mans sport. I don't know how supporters (I would guess most are on a moderate income) can still happily turn up week in week out like sheep and pay £30 or £50 to watch a team that is owned by a multi billionaire.
Listening to TalkSport at some point today, I heard them compare Man City to Chelsea when they were first taken over. We must all remember the money they threw at Mutu, Johnson, Makelele, Crespo etc etc. Now what they did say was sure in 5 years they've won the Premier League twice, but what else?

Man City's new owners have said they expect to win trophies next season, challenge for the Premier League from next year and win the Champions League within 3 years. Well can someone remind me of how long it took Chelsea to win the Champions League?

Money will buy many players, but it takes years to build the reputation needed to bring in absolute top players...... that reputation can't be bought instantly nor can trophies. Didn't we hear all of this last season anyway?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"